For Immediate Release: February 28, 2018
It is with extreme disappointment that we announce the following:
With public safety concerns being at the forefront due to the current warm weather and change in ice conditions, we are making the decision to cancel the fishing component of the tournament this year.
We will therefore be going to a draw for cash and prizes as per tournament rules and past precedents.
The day will include the draw for cash and prizes, Barbeque, silent and live auctions and some fun raffles and contests. Teams must be present to win cash and prizes. (each team member must be present to get a prize)
Please arrive after 11am. The draw and Auctions will begin to take place at 12:30.
Please see our website for further details on the auction and day of events www.perchinforms.com
Examples of some auction items:
- Quebec Beauchene Wilderness Lodge Dream Fishing trip
- Chaudiere Lodge 5-night All Inclusive Fishing getaway
- Fishing4Tails Lake Ontario Salmon Charter
- Air Dale Lodge one week Fishing trip for 2
- One-week Lower Twin Lakes Fishing getaway
- Muskoka Getaway at Crestwood Inn
- Waterfalls Lodge Getaway for 2
- St. Lawrence Outfitters Goose Hunt for 4 with accommodations
- Fish hut rentals – Mitchell’s, Hot Box Huts…
- Signed Hockey/Nascar Memorabilia
- Golf Packages
Even though mother nature has thrown us a curve ball again this year, we have to remember that the main focus is and must remain on MS - Multiple Sclerosis. Doug Poirier was diagnosed in late 2009 with Primary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis. Doug's MS unfortunately has continued to get worse and he now is using a wheelchair. It hasn’t stopped him though. Doug continues to keep the fight going and to try and show others that life doesn’t stop just because you have a disability. “That is what this tournament is all about.” says Poirier.
To date Perchin for MS has raised over $125 000.00 towards helping people with MS and finding a cure!
For more information please contact Doug Poirier at 289-231-2132